Read the information below about animal behaviour
Category Archives: Year 5/6 Literacy
Opinions- for and against keeping animals in zoos
The plight of animals held captive in Zoos
Are zoos good or bad for animals?
Click on the link below to read about Zoo pros (the good things) and cons (the bad things)!
Fun with Prepositions!
I thought it was a really cool idea to get students to do a drawing activity, with me dictating a set on instructions to them. Of course, the instructions contained a lot of different prepositions.
“Prepositions are used before nouns to give additional information in a sentence. Usually, prepositions are used to show where something is located or when something happened.”
This is the list of instructions (prepositions in bold):
- Open a blank page in your notebook.
- Draw a medium sized square in the middle of the page.
- Draw a rectangle inside the square with its shorter side touching the bottom of the square in the middle.
- Draw two small squares inside the bigger square at the same level on the either side of the rectangle.
- Draw a triangle on top of the square.
- On top of the triangle draw a small flag.
- Draw two trees beside the big square.
- Draw a swing inbetween two branches.
- Draw three steps below and touching the big square.
- Under the trees draw a small pond with fish swimming.
- Draw a few birds above the flag.
- Draw a few mangoes hanging from the trees.
- Draw a fence around the big trees.
- Draw mangoes lying on the ground.
- Draw the sun over the birds
After a bit more practice and exposure to prepositions, finally, students were asked to write down as many prepositions that they remember and now know of.
Have a look at our class ‘wordle’ for this list of words. The larger words were the most common/popular for our class!
Circle of Viewpoints
Circle of Viewpoints
1. I am thinking of … the topic… From the point of view of … the viewpoint you’ve chosen
2. I think … describe the topic from your viewpoint. Be an actor – take on the character of your viewpoint
3. A question I have from this viewpoint is … ask a question from this viewpoint